Making Better Business Decisions with Cashflows, Budgets, Bookkeeping, and Tax Preparation.
- Do you need help projecting income and expenses?
- How are you measuring up to your budget? Do you have a budget? Do you need one?
- Will you be ready for tax season or will you be scrambling?
If you are like many small business owners, you may feel like sharing your work and managing your work are two different animals. Many business owners love their craft (their product or service) but let the financial aspects of the business slide by without proper attention and focus.
When you really grasp the power of numbers, you’ll see how financial records and projections can help you shape the direction of your business, make smart decisions, and save you time and effort.
Numbers tell stories. Money is an indicator of the health of your business, just like vital signs indicate the health of your body.
Is your business financially healthy?
Are you doing what you need to do in order to be prepared for your taxes and manage your growth?
You will learn:
- How to build and use financial tools like cash flow projection and budgets. (We will give you templates, too!)
- Bookkeeping basics and options. (Including choosing the right system for you.)
- The best and easiest ways to prepare for taxes throughout the year.
- Time management strategies to stay on track with financial record keeping.
This webinar is for new business owners interested in learning how to build out projections and get a “handle on their finances”, as well as potential business owners looking to plan out their start-up costs and projected operational results.
Presenter: Michael Hough is the Business Development Consultant and QuickBooks Specialist at the Women’s Business Center at JEDI. He is a QuickBooks ProAdvisor and has over 15 years of experience working with Businesses in Shasta County. Holding a BS in Accountancy, and an MBA, Michael has held various managerial and executive positions in the greater Redding area. Michael has been involved, in an administrative capacity, in all of the various stages of the business development cycle, from Startup & Acquisition to Sale & Liquidation. Based in Redding, Michael is ready to assist entrepreneurs and business owners alike with their Bookkeeping & Accounting, Payroll, Cash Flow Management, Tax Planning, General Startup, or other Business Development Needs.